ISDC conducts non-for-profit research, policy advice and capacity development on the following themes and with these methods. We work in nearly all world regions.
- We analyse poverty and social exclusion, employment and livelihoods, entrepreneurship and micro-enterprises.
- We investigate gender, intra-household bargaining, and the role of children.
- We study economic growth and alternative measures of well-being, vertical and horizontal inequality.
- We conduct studies on defence economics and public finance of military spending.
- We measure and analyse perceptions of insecurity and worries about terrorism.
- We are experts for fragility and state building, for reconstruction and peace building.
- We define, discuss, measure and analyse violence and conflict, both at the individual level and in aggregate measures.
- We design household and firm level surveys and collect data in the field.
- We use advanced statistical and econometric methods and programmes.
- We conduct evaluations, including theory-based impact evaluations.
By data source:
- We specialise in individual and household survey data collection and analysis.
- We collect and analyse conflict event data.
- We assemble and study public finance and aggregate macro data.
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- Central Asia
- Middle East and North Africa
- research design
- data collection
- impact evaluation
- analysis and interpretation
- capacity development
- professional network building
- event hosting